This website is owned by Bow Wow Meow Ltd. Bow Wow Meow has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. Please read this page. It explains our data protection policy including how we use your personal data and what your rights are in respect of it, based on the ‘soft opt-in’ exception under the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003.
We will respect your rights and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently. Our staff are trained on their privacy obligations.
All activity on www.perfectpetname.com is logged and monitored to help keep any personal information secure and to ensure that Bow Wow Meow complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from 25 May 2018.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website. We will only use your information as outlined below, unless you have been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
About the Data Controller
Bow Wow Meow Ltd is your data controller for the purposes of the personal data we will collect.
Bow Wow Meow is a limited company registered in England with the company registration number 7058034, with its registered address at Devonshire House, 1 Devonshire Street, London W1W 5DR.
If you wish to contact us in relation to this notice, please use the details found on our Contact Us page.
What data do we process?
This website allows visitors to submit their name and email address when they make a pet name suggestion. We collect this information so that we can contact the visitor to let them know we have added their name suggestion to our site.
We may use your name and email address to occasionally communicate marketing offers to you, unless you have opted out. You can opt out at any time by unsubscribing HERE or by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of all emails we send you.
- We save details of any communications with you whether by phone, email or post.
We do this in order to efficiently and professionally deal with your queries and to gather feedback on our products so that we can continue to improve the quality of our service and products. We may also be required to use this information to bring or defend any legal claims.
- Our web servers collect your IP address, the type of device you are using and its operating system, the name of your ISP, the page you viewed, when you accessed it and the website from which you came.
This data helps us to administer and secure our website and to help diagnose problems with our server and admin systems. It also allows us to identify traffic moving between our various websites.
Who do we share data with?
To operate effectively as a business we may share your personal data with our trusted service providers who need to access it in order to carry out their duties. These include our staff and technical teams which may be located both inside and outside the European Economic Area and with whom we have contracts setting out how they must handle your personal data, including not to use your personal data other than in accordance with our instructions and the details outlined in this policy.
We may share your personal data with the external third parties in some circumstances. This may be:
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations;
- any third party where you have given your consent;
- our insurers, legal advisers or other third parties who need access to it in the context of managing, investigating or defending claims or complaints;
- in connection with any change, merger or acquisitions of all or part of our business;
- service providers who monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify and take legal action against unlawful or improper use of our systems, such as anyone attempting to impersonate Bow Wow Meow, the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
If you do not wish your data to be shared with our trusted service providers, please contact us using the contact details provided at our Contact Us page.
This site may contain links to other sites. Bow Wow Meow is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites and we recommend you check their own privacy policies before submitting any personal data to them.
The Legal Basis for Processing Data
We will collect personal information from you only:
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at our Contact Us page.
You can opt-out from electronic marketing sent by Bow Wow Meow by clicking HERE and by following the unsubscribe link which we include at the bottom of all electronic marketing emails we send you.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights that you can exercise by emailing us at email@example.com:
- You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of emailed marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right automatically by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/) about our collection and use of your personal information
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
This page was last updated on 25 May 2018